University of Oviedo, with registered office at C/ SAN FRANCISCO, 3 – Oviedo 33007 (ASTURIAS) and company number Q3318001I, hereinafter “the DATA CONTROLLER” is responsible for the processing of the User’s personal data and hereby notifies the User that such details will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the EU’s GDPR Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 in relating to the protection of individuals with regard to processing personal data and on the free movement of such data. Accordingly, we provide the following information regarding the processing of data:
Purpose of the processing
At the time when the data is collection you will be informed of the purposes of the processing, which could include:
- Teaching and academic management – in particular enrolment management, the preparation of qualification reports and their publication, the preparation of personal certificates, issuing of degrees, the management of work placements in companies and institutions, and in general tasks necessary for providing the functions of a Higher Education Public Service.
- Management of research related to Teaching and Research Staff’s activity and research contracts.
- Management of staff for the purposes required to maintain labour relations and compliance with relevant legal regulations, both for Teaching and Research Staff as well as for Administration and Services Staff.
- Financial and asset management – in particular the processing and management of signed agreements and requests for services offered by the University of Oviedo.
- Management of job applications and offers and, where appropriate, the resulting selection process, including preparing lists of vacancies.
- Services for the university community, including health and safety, library, transportation, sports and international relations services as well as institutional email and access to online services.
- Request for information, enquiries or suggestions, as well as presenting the applications and incoming mail addressed to the University of Oviedo.
Data retention criteria
Data will be retained for as long as there is a mutual interest in maintaining the purpose of the processing. When it is no longer necessary for that purpose, it will be deleted in accordance with the appropriate security measures to ensure that the data is pseudonymised or fully destroyed.
Communication of data
The Data Controller agrees processing services with third-party Data Processors in order to be able to provide their services. Specifically, the Data Controller has signed agreements with the following service providers:
- Microsoft (email service).
- Telecable (data and communications network service)
With the exception of the aforementioned organisations, your data will not be transferred to other third parties. If for any reason it is necessary to communicate such data to third parties, you will be informed beforehand and, where appropriate, your consent will be requested and the reason for transferring your data and the identity of the third party to whom it is to be sent will be specified.
All of the above, with the exception of situations under which there is a legal requirement to disclose said data to a third party or with the consent of the interested party.
Anyone providing us with their data is entitled to the following related rights:
- Right of access
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Right to revoke consent
- Right to file a complaint with the Competent Authority – in this case, the Spanish Data Protection Agency, especially if you have not obtained satisfaction in exercising your rights. You can contact the Spanish Data Protection Agency by telephoning 901 100 099 or 912 663 517 or by visiting them in person at address C/ Jorge Juan, 6. – 28001 Madrid
The rights listed “a” to “f” above can be exercised by sending an application form that you can download here or by sending an email to email@example.com, clearly indicating which right you wish to exercise and providing a copy of your identity document to prove your identity.
If you would like more information about your rights, we suggest that you visit the Spanish Data Protection Agency website.
Contact details for exercising your rights:
- UNIVERSITY OF OVIEDO
- Company tax number: Q3318001I
- C/ SAN FRANCISCO, 3 33007 Oviedo (ASTURIAS)
All data collected come from the interested party.
Data Protection Officer (DPO):
In order to guarantee the security of your data, The DATA CONTROLLER has appointed a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obligatory or optional nature of information provided by the user
By completing the corresponding boxes and entering data into fields marked with an asterisk (*) in the contact form or downloaded forms, Users expressly, freely and unequivocally accept that their data is necessary for the provider to handle their request. Other data that they provide is done so voluntarily. The User guarantees that the personal data provided to the DATA CONTROLLER are accurate and is responsible for notifying of any changes.
The DATA CONTROLLER expressly informs and guarantees users that their personal data will not be transferred under any circumstances to third parties, and that whenever personal data is transferred in any way, the express, informed and unequivocal consent of the Users will be requested beforehand. All details requested through the website are mandatory, as they are necessary for providing the User with an optimal service. If not all details are provided, no guarantee is given that the information and services provided will be completely tailored to your needs.
Pursuant to current data protection regulations, the DATA CONTROLLER complies with all the provisions of GDPR regulations for the processing of personal data under his/her responsibility and, manifestly, with the principles described in Article 5 of the GDPR, and states that they are to be processed in a lawful, fair and transparent manner in relation to the interested party and in ways that are suitable, relevant and limited to that necessary in regard to the purposes for which they are processed.
The DATA CONTROLLER guarantees that he/she has implemented appropriate technical and organisational policies to implement the security measures established by the GDPR for the purpose of protecting the rights and freedoms of Users, and has provided them with adequate information so that they are able to exercise them.
Pursuant to the provisions of Article 10 of the Information Society and E-Commerce Services Act 34/2002 of 11 July, below we provide the details that are required regarding the owner of the website www.lemuruniovi.com (the “Website”) service provider:
- Name or company name: UNIVERSITY OF OVIEDO
- Company or tax identification number: Q3318001I
- Address or domicile: C/ SAN FRANCISCO, 3 – Oviedo 33007 (ASTURIAS)
- Email address: email@example.com
- Contact phone number: +34 985 10 30 00
- University and Degrees Registration Details::
- University Code: 013
- Acronym: UOV
- Type: Public
- Erasmus Code: E OVIEDO01
- For profit: No
- Head of Educational Administration: Principality of Asturias
General terms and conditions of use
The aim of these general terms and conditions of use and browsing (the “Terms and Conditions”) is to govern the relationship between the owner of the website, as the service provider, and the users who access, browse and enjoy the service offered (hereinafter referred to individually as the “User” or collectively as the “Users”).
The Website provides Users with general information about the owner of the Website, its services and activities (the “Content”), all in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. As it is a professional site, its content is not aimed at Users who are minors.
If the user continues browsing and making use of the services that we offer through our Website, he/she accepts without any reservation these Terms and Conditions of use.
The Website owner reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and at its sole discretion, and we therefore advise Users to review them frequently.
Intellectual and Industrial Property
Legal protection of the content
The Website owner also holds the rights to exploit the Website’s intellectual and industrial property including all its Content and parts (by way of illustration: the texts, images, audio and videos) available from the Website, as well as any that it has hosted on third-party sites either because they are its property, or because it has obtained the relevant rights to use them. The owner has also obtained the appropriate authorisations regarding the image rights of anyone appearing on its Website.
The total or partial reproduction, copy or distribution of the Content is prohibited without the owner’s express authorisation. Under no circumstances shall the User’s access and browsing be deemed to imply that the Website owner waives, transfers, licenses, or fully or partially surrenders these rights. It is also prohibited to change, copy, reuse, exploit, reproduce, publicly communicate, transmit, use, process or distribute in any way all or part of the Content included in this Website for public or commercial purposes without the owner’s express authorisation in writing.
Thus, in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the User may, in addition to viewing the Content and elements of the Website, print or make copies or downloads of them provided that this is exclusively for their personal and private use.
It is also prohibited to use the owner’s contact details (address, telephone number, email address) for sending any type of commercial communications, unless the necessary authorisation has been obtained in advance, in accordance with applicable regulations.
Trademarks and associated logos
The trademarks incorporated within the Website belong to their owner or to third parties, with the latter having given their authorisation for their use within the Website.
Anyone browsing the Website is prohibited from using such trademarks, logos and distinguishing marks without the owner’s authorisation or license to use them.
Suspension of the Website
The operation of the Website is supported by service providers’ servers connected via public and private communications infrastructures.
The Website owner will do everything possible to ensure that it functions properly. However, it cannot guarantee that there will be no interruptions in availability due to technical reasons for the purposes of carrying out repair and/or maintenance tasks or due to lack of coverage or failure of equipment and/or networks needed to transmit data, which are beyond its control.
Thus, access to the Website may be suspended for reasons of force majeure (unforeseeable reasons or reasons that, although foreseen or foreseeable, are unavoidable) such as those expressed below and which include but are not limited to:
- Faults in the electricity or telephone services,
- Virus attacks on servers that support the Website,
- User errors in accessing the Website,
- Fires, floods, earthquakes or other natural events,
- Strikes or labour conflicts,
- War conflicts or other situations of force majeure.
The Website owner is exonerated of any responsibility if any of the circumstances given in this stipulation should materialise.
The user’s responsibility
The User uses the Website at his/her own risk. By accessing it, you agree to use it in accordance with applicable legislation and codes of ethics, as well as these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Breach of any of the rules included within these Terms and Conditions or any breach of the legislation under which they are protected shall lead to the User being liable before the Website owner and/or third parties for any damage or harm that may be caused as a consequence of such non-compliance, regardless of whether this involves an unlawful act, a government sanction, a misdemeanour or a crime, and shall entitle the Website owner, where applicable, to hold them accountable in the appropriate civil, administrative, employment or criminal realm.
The owner’s responsibility
The Website owner is not responsible for any damage caused to the User or third parties as a result of a breach attributable to the User or any alteration to the User’s equipment.
Nor does not assume any responsibility for illegitimate intrusions through the use of computer viruses or any other source, the User’s improper use of the Website or security errors caused by the incorrect operation of devices used by the User.
The User may not, at any time, modify, alter or delete any data, information, content or item included within the Website.
The User must use the services made available to them in a diligent, correct and lawful manner. And may not for any reason spread content or propaganda of a racist, pornographic or xenophobic nature or which in general apologises for criminal, violent or denigrating acts against people and fundamental rights.
The User may not include software, viruses, malware or any other agent that is harmful to computer systems that may damage or alter the company’s devices or terminals or those of other Users.
The User shall be solely responsible for any damages that may be caused due to non-compliance with the conditions and obligations set out under these terms and Conditions.
Users are prohibited from transmitting, including or disseminating advertising relating to themselves or third parties through any means available on our Website unless they have obtained the express permission of its owner.
Any mentions made on the Website to other third-party websites are for information purposes only. Unless expressly indicated, the Website owner is not the developer or administrator of those websites, nor the owner of the internet addresses mentioned. It is not therefore responsible for the content contained within them, or for any damages arising from accessing them, or any damages arising from the services that they provide.
The Website owner authorises links and hyperlinks that are established from other websites. However, anyone who wishes to establish a link between their website and the Website needs to do so in accordance with the following conditions:
- The website containing the link must not contain illicit information or content that is contrary to morality, good custom, public order or any third-party rights.
- It shall not be stated or implied that the Website owner has expressly authorised the link or has previously supervised, assumed or recommended in any way the services offered or made available on the website wishing to link to the Website. Therefore, anyone browsing the Website is advised to exercise extreme caution when evaluating and using the information, content and services available on linked websites.
- Establishing a link does not under any circumstances imply that there is a relationship between the Website owner and the owner of the website incorporating the link.
The Website owner undertakes to treat the User’s personal data in accordance with the provisions of current applicable legislation. Specifically, it undertakes to apply the provisions of Fundamental Law 15/1999 of 13 December regarding Spain’s Data Protection Act (“LOPD”), Spanish Royal Decree 1720/2007 of 19 January, which approves the Regulation implementing the LOPD, and the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 of 27 April 2016.
Any relationship established between the User and the Website owner shall be governed by the provisions of current legislation in relation to applicable regulations and competent jurisdiction. In addition, the regulations of the Spanish Legal System shall apply.
For cases where voluntary submission to a specific jurisdiction is an option, the Website owner and the User expressly waive such, or any other jurisdiction and submit to the Courts and Tribunals of the city of Oviedo.